I teach photography to students that wish to significantly accelerate their abilities in Photography. I’m currently doing this via methods:
Join me in The Arcanum
I teach photography to students within The Arcanum, which is an online collaborative environment dedicated to the arts, and especially photography. It is a wonderful learning environment to be a part of because it couples the resources you need with the tools and motivation to bring excellence to your work. If you’re interested in joining my students in The Arcanum, please write me today and I can send you a private invitation to the aracunm. Or if I think there is a better teacher for you, I’ll reach out to them and see if they’ll send you an invite.
- Online learning: I have students in The Arcanum on 5 continents. We community through online forums and live video chats.
- Challenge based instruction: at each “level” in the path, you have a different photography challenge to complete.
- Collaboration based: The 20 students in my group work together on improving their images by providing detailed, constructive feedback about each other’s work.
- Formal critiques with me:Every 5 challenges means a 1 hour video chat with me, where we go over a selection of your images in great detail.
- Self paced: Unlike traditional learning environments, the path you get to learn about within The Arcanum is self-paced and self-directed, with encouragement and personal attention to get you to where you want to go, artistically.
- Awesome, awesome people and potential life long friends:I’m in awe at the relationships that have been built within The Arcanum. It’s a place to find peers and friends in one with a common goal: to improve everyone’s photography goals. My group is normally 20 students in size and constantly communicate with each other about their work, lives and fun.
- A library of 1000s of videos: The Arcanum’s “grand library” contains 1000s of videos of different types. And more are being added every day.
- Cost: $79 USD/month, which is an insane price, honestly, for the amount you can learn in a month. Compare that to a single day workshop, which are never less than $100 and is far less personal, and the arcanum is a steal.
Contact me immediately if you want to reserve your seat in my cohort of creative photographers.
I also teach students privately, either online via online video conferences using shared screens, or locally if you’re within the Davis, CA area. I offer two different approaches to this learning path:
- Repeated $150 USD/month: We’ll keep in touch through your learning journey and hold up to a 2 hour video conference monthly where I will give you guidance and instruction about what you personally need to learn, be it in the field or in post processing. For residents near me, we can meet in the field and/or in a classroom where I can teach you face-to-face as well. Travel by you will be required if you want to meet face-to-face, but internet conferences can be held from anywhere as long as you have a good internet connection.
Either way, we’ll spend time diving into depth about 5-10 of your images during each of our conversations. I’ll give you tips and guidance about your images and how to improve them and future challenges you should take to help improve your skills. All of this will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Single Time $250 USD/month session and portfolio review: In up to a 3 hour session we’ll dive deep into up to 15 of your works, and discuss them at length in a detailed discussion about your work and how you might consider improving them and future images.
Please contact me today if you are interested in any of these options.
Want to know more about my teaching style, and the goals and ways in which I like to help you learn now just how to shoot and process, but why things work the way they do? Watch some of my training videos to see if my style of teaching resonates with your desire to learn. Additionally, watch my meet-the-master video below which talks about my background in educating and photography:
My Arcanum “meet the master” video:
The “Creation Wars” special about my group within The Arcanum
The Arcanum’s “Creation Wars” show did a special episode about my community: